Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Sheep in the Boots

I feel a great weight lifted off my shoulders now that I got a part of my shit together and have a routine that seems to suit me for the time being. Tired of feeling lazy and lethargic, waiting for my next obligation to come along, I've decided to take some time and do things for me. Trying to end the procrastination is proving to be the hardest part. Yet the absence of Azeroth and the World of Warcraft came easier than I had imagined. Without out fearless leader, we find ourselves not even finding the ambition to enter the Citadel and give Marrowgar his weekly what-fer just to throw in the towel the first wipe on Rotface and his oozes.

The Modern Warfare is where we've picked up. I kept true to my word, not that I feared I wouldn't, and there have been man nights of fragging and raging all for the stories to follow. Like legitimately getting a kill with the care package. Suck it.

All of this is well and good but the icing on the cake is purely for me. My mother always told me that physical activity a couple times a week does wonders for just about everything. My job is fairly physical but I figured a shock and awe campaign against my own body might be what the doctor ordered. A month or so in and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I can run farther than I ever thought possible, lift more than I ever wanted to and feel better than I have in a year. The fact that I just might be able to keep up with Anthony when he gets back is just a bonus.

I took some initiative for once in my life and it feels great. I'm getting more hours, making more money, feeling better about myself, dug my amp out of the closet and in a sense, I'm writing again.
The nights are still lonely and I've got a long way to go, but this is the first step of many and my shoes are holding up nicely.


"Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch"

No comments:

Post a Comment